Our Vision is to have children form positive food habits for their life now and into the future. Through this school garden program, children will learn:
• Positive food habits for their life
• About their natural environment, the seasons, and how to care for gardens & motherland
• Practical skills such as recycling, composting, planting & harvesting
• Life skills such as cooperating, sharing, critical thinking & leadership
• Practical skills for growing and preparing fresh, seasonal, delicious food
• Understanding of the importance of food systems, food security & sustainability
• How to have international pen pal letter exchanges that encourage ongoing student education sponsorship and connection between student and sponsor.
PermoAfrica-Centre aims to be a hub for community engagement where educators, families, students, and business owners and others from the community come together to share food, learn and have fun.
For more info see the Group: https://web.facebook.com/groups/411188009429783/